Monday, April 16, 2012

A lesson in gratitude!

Yesterday, Stef and I went to a family reunion. It was great!
I had a lesson in what makes me happy and that truly I am a happy person. My cousin made a few comments..that I smile so much...as he pointed out, far more than anyone else there, that when I talk to stef, there is a pure love in my eyes for my girl and the warmth of her cuddles. As he said with all the hardships that I have faced in my life, there is always a positivity that comes shining through.
Yeah, so shit has happened along my life, some of it the worst shit that can ever happen to a person, but to my own credit and that of Steve, we have worked through it, put it in the past where it belongs and havent let stuff alter the future.
Another cousin...said in her loudest voice that her mother was an abusive horrible woman who has caused her major depression, anxiety etc...it really has affected her whole life. She is now in her sixties and is still so bitter. I would never give anyone that power over my life. As a person, I had the responsibility to sort out my shit....not only for myself but for everyone around me...thats what pschologists are for.
I have a lot to be grateful for in my life. The kids although they have their battles are all doing so well. There is always improvements along the way, small steps are celebrated in this house. We have a loving home...a sanctuary for my kids and us. I have a loving husband and a relationship which is dynamic. I have a husband that understands my independence and individuality and respects me for it. We have the means to indulge our travel aspirations. So much to be happy for!

No comments:

Post a Comment