Tuesday, July 31, 2012

I'm on my way

Gee 14 hour flights can drag on! The last 2 hours seemed to go forever! 6 hour stopover in Doah now! At least I can have a smoke....might even give up with the flight coming home..a 24 hour head start will help. It was a pretty good flight...attendants were great. Lots of offers for water and food if you were awake. I managed to get a seat in the middle, 3 seats all to myself, so I stretched out and had a good 6 or 7 hours sleep. Watched a couple of movies-The Hotel one about the oldies going to India and Hunger games. I enjoyed both of them, but hunger games a little more so. Then I watched a globetrotter episode about London. It bought back some great memories of my travels last year and what an awesome time I had. The food was very very tasty....Qantas could learn some lessons from these guys I reckon. Hit Doah at 6am local time, and its already 36oC!! Terminal is cool, but the bus was stuffy and getting off the plane on the tarmac it was like walking into a fan forced oven. Right now, I miss Stevo, and miss my kids. The travel part is a bit daunting on my own, but once I am sight seeing and cooking I won't feel it as much. It just hits like a ton of bricks that I am on my own and I am just so not used to ever being that.

No comments:

Post a Comment