Tuesday, August 24, 2010

New Job, unfinished business

Today I am going to make a concerted effort to tidy my mind, my home and my life. Events of the last 24 hours has made me feel that unfinished business really affects me and that its time to close some chapters and open some new ones. Today I am feeling incredibly grateful for having had post-natal depression. I know that sounds strange, but it made me confront the monsters from the past by getting treatment. It allowed me to move forward without forever looking behind me for the monsters biting at my ass. I look at my troubled brother who hasnt contacted the family for 6 weeks...and worry that the monsters from his past have finally got him....I pray that he is ok. I think today the family were going to the police to list him as a missing person. He is so far away. I wish I could get to Perth to try to track him down.

On the diet front, I havent been doing so great lately so I have bitten the bullet and trying to arrange a way to get fitness training. It was great on the weekend...so many people commented on how much better and younger I look. I guess losing as much as I have already really has changed my appearance in a big way. I still have 12-15 kg to lose.

Oh and Stef wrote her name for the second time last week...it was really recognisable. My heart did a major dance when I saw it and the tears were stinging my eyes. I am so proud of how far she has come in the last 6 months. Just Awesome! It is something that other parents take for granted, the ability for their child to learn to read and write, but for us, every little thing like this has been major and has taken years of work to achieve.

Steve goes to Thailand this morning until Saturday. No drama...we are used to it. Just hope that Brent doesnt get too big for his boots and doesnt constantly question my authority in the house like he sometimes does when Steve is away.

I am recovering from our wild weekend....hehe...2 nights with so very little sleep. I went to bed (or was that just a chair with the blanket wrapped around me) at 8.30am on Sunday for and hour and a half. It was a great party!

No comments:

Post a Comment