Thursday, August 2, 2012

Day 6 Capri-LOVE IT

Day 5 Capri Capri is just stunning..its water is crystal clear bright blue..and so pretty. This morning I woke up pretty energetic...wandered up to the gym at 6am and walked on the treadmill for 20 minutes and the exercise bike for 10 and then did some ab exercises. I'm so glad I did. The breakfast was beautiful....I had fresh fruit and the most deliciously fresh warm croissants.....then I decided I really needed some things....sunscreen and batteries for my camera mainly, so off to the piazza I went. I spent the whole morning wandering..I walked down to the the port and then back up to the piazza..through tiny lane ways Oh the fire station was so cute...they looked like fireman sam fire trucks. They are small electric trucks, small enough to get into at least most of the lane ways. There is only one road that goes down to the port and there is inches between the cars and trucks as they pass each other..I notice that a lot of them don't have mirrors any more lol. The rest of the town is narrow lanes...and electric carts are used for deliveries. You don't see any fat locals......they walk everywhere. Old women struggling with their bags of groceries through the steep lane ways. I shopped for hours..not that I bought anything...will go back later maybe to pick up a souvenir or two...I bought a shirt to go over my bathers....being a redhead, I just can't sit in the sun, even though here, I dont seem to get burnt. Everyone seems to be wearing these beautiful sparkly sandals......lol, at 100-150 euro a pair....I think I won't be buying those. Of course being a pretty wealthy resort, there are all the designers shops, Prada, channel etc..saw the most beautiful pair of bathers, and tried them on..but at 475 euro......I dont think so lol. I got lost again....haha, I really must remember to pick up maps and wandered for an hour or so..but found a shop with the most delicious big cherries and fresh peaches ...yum ....lunch. Finally found my way back to the piazza and caught a lift back to the hotel. I sat around all afternoon chilling..a swim or two in the pool, and just relaxed. Didnt really talk to anyone, just chilled on my own, enjoying my own company. I decided to just eat in the hotel so I wandered upstairs and had pizza and salad. I can never finish half of the plate as it is so much...and so cheap 14 euro for my entire meal....This has been the most expensive hotel booked for my trip, but the cheapest on food and drink for sure so it averages out at the same per day really. Oh and the eye candy around here for us girls is just stunning. Have a Richard Gere look alike in the room 3 doors up....he is the most stunning looking man (oh and single)..perhaps all my single friends should come here instead of bali, believe me, the men are so much nicer looking. I will try to get a photo of him later...ooh la la. I have been so well behaved on this trip Stevo..no Frenchmen this time lol, just a lot of perving. Still deciding what to do about Naples...Maybe come back here after positano. and do Pompei tour from here instead and catch the earliest ferry to naples on the last day to catch the train to Florence.....means i lose the prepaid accommodation in Naples, but I think I would be safer somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment