Friday, August 3, 2012

Day 7 Capri, one of the special days of my life

How to describe one of the most beautiful days I have had on this earth, apart from giving birth and getting married, this would have to be just one of the aha moments of my life. I woke up around 10.15am....a miracle in itself for me to sleep in!! Caught breakfast only just..and then decided I really needed to do something with my day. I booked a private boat tour around the island for 2pm. I needed cash, so I took the car to town. I found the bank easily enough, and had a quick browse and headed back to the room. Caught the boat tour at 2pm...Oh it was beautiful.....headed out clockwise around the island....the first stop was the green grotto....I swam through the cave and the boat met me on the other side. I hope the photos work out with the underwater camera I bought....wont know until I get it developed. The water was crystal clear, very deep and brilliant green. Guissepe was on the other side waiting for me with a rinse off, a towel and a glass of champagne. We took the boat further around to Anacapri....its where all the really private villas are..owned by so many famous people. They were just stunning. There are small Roman forts on every point.... He took me a bit further out and asked if I wanted to sunbathe..I said no, as I would burn, so he decided a massage instead...I think just to see me topless lol, oh but the massage was so good...nearly an hour of it..I was like butter....a proposition followed, but I was so good.... Another swim and we were off again around the island..the views were stunning. Lots of history including little holes where the Germans hid at the end of the war. The blue grotto was so interesting...you paid small boats to take you into the cave, you had to lay down in the boat as they dragged the boat into the cave through a hole just big enough for a boat to go through.....Inside was absolutely stunning......the cave was pitch black except for the brilliant iridescent blue water. I noticed signs outside that said swimming was strictly forbidden, but when the small boat picked me up from the Gui Gui, Guissepe told Giovani (an absolute gorgeously fit good looking italian) to look after his girl in Italian...so Giovani pulled the boat to the back of the cave to the Women's swimming pool, and I jumped in....I swam for about 5 minutes and it was strange to see your body lit up by the water....Inside the cave, all the boatmen were singing in amazing voices Oh so Maria....it was just such a surreal experience that I will remember forever. I tipped Giovani for the experience as he was so lovely..and on with the tour around the island. We stopped for another swim...this time Guiseppe joined me, I think he was having as much fun as I was, as we were jumping off the boat and laughing so much. More champagne, and a gradual cruise to Capri town...it looked beautiful from the water... Cruised around Fragiali Rocks....(they are the big ones you can see from my room) and more swimming...then cruised around the big yachts and small ships...suprisingly quite a few had Australian flags...Would love to know who owns them. Then we cruised back to the dock in front of my hotel. Guissepe gave me a parting kiss and told me that my husband was a very lucky man.....Now that was 120 euro well spent...an 1 1/2 hour tour that lasted 3 1/2. Went out for dinner to an amazing restaurant recommended to me by Megan Castran, Villa Verde. The food was wonderful, but also their was a really nice atmosphere. I have never seen a restaurant owner so active in building rapport with his guests. He even sat at my table for a couple of minutes to ask why I was alone. I explained that I was meeting Stevo in Paris next week and that circumstances didnt allow us long trips together. He was so lovely. I had deepfried mozzarella with caper and anchovy sauce, grilled spatchcock with mustard and vegetables and strawberry meringue tart...a couple of wines of course. A very special meal. As I was walking out the owner again came to say goodbye with a big hug and a until you return.... Oh what a wonderful day I had

No comments:

Post a Comment