Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day 8- Capri - Positano 3/8/2012

Day 8- Capri - Positano 3/8/2012 Ah, farewell to Capri, but I am coming back! Got up early and had a swim before breakfast, breakfast and shower. Turns out I was robbed while I was in the shower but didnt realise until I got down to the port to buy my ticket for the ferry and not one dollar was in my purse or my handbag..damn...fortunately though, they left all my cards and I recovered quickly. Went and got cash from an atm and caught my ferry to Positano as planned. Oh well, will have to report to Positano police. The ferry ride was beautiful, beers were cheap so I had one on the ferry over and chatted to some Oz backpackers....lovely girls. We made plans to meet up later at midnight at the pier as apparently they had the cheapest beer. I found my hotel easy enough....only a very short walk up steep steps from the port. Just as well I only had an overnight bag with me as the porters were charging 50euro to get bags from the port to hotels. My room was beautiful and very clean on the top floor of the hotel....more stairs and no lift...the staff (owners) were super helpful with everything. I found a local panini shop supermarket not far away...yum lunch..and they sold drinks as well...so bought half a dozen mojito breezers... some extra munchies and went back to the hotel for a while to get out of the afternoon sun. I wandered down the cool alleys and found a nice cool spot to sit and munch and watch the world go by. I chatted to a chef from a local restaurant, and was explaining about my cooking classes in Rome. He asked if maybe I could make gnocci and a desert he would talk to his boss about me doing some prep work in the restaurant......the boss said yes!! I asked for some 5kg of grungy potatoes to be cooked that day and let sit mashed in a colander overnight in the fridge. I went and swam at the beach (another rock garden) and it was a bit grungy as the beach was too close to where the ferries pulled in and you could smell the diesel sometimes. I enjoyed the cool water just the same and had a lovely chat with a couple from Arizona, David and Stephanie Johnson...more friends. We arranged to meet for dinner that night at a restaurant nearby...at 9.30. We went to a bar for a cocktail in the cool...yummy margarita and then i went back to my room for siesta and a couple of mojitos. Showered and got ready for dinner..Lovely meal....and it was nice to share conversation with new people. Was telling them about my beautiful family and showed some pictures. Brent's story made him have tears in his eyes..his nephew is 10 and has aspergers and mum and dad have basically given up as behaviourally he is very challenging (lol, and Brent wasnt at 10..he was a nightmare)...he said that I have given a story to tell them and to encourage them to keep on working with him. My motto is never give up! They said what a great marriage we truly have to give each other the space, to encourage each other so much and to work together as a real team, especially after 23 years..they just kept saying wow,..but what could I say but I am married to my best friend, my confident, my cheerleader and my lover. Unfortunately they arent on Facebook, but have an email address.....until we meet again my friends...and we will somewhere. I can't imagine me getting to the Arizona desert, but somewhere we will meet. What a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment