Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Happy Hump Day!

Well, its Wednesday again...the weeks seem to be flying by at the moment. I blink and the week is over again I guess because I am pretty busy.
Jack has been at camp and Steve is at a conference...the house is so damned quiet. I certainly know that Jack is my noisy kid. I have missed him a lot. He will always be my baby boy and now I can understand my mum introducing me to her friends as her baby (at 40 years old mind you). I hope he has had a wonderful time. He really is very independent. I must start teaching him how to cook. I have always vowed that my kids would be able to cook by the time they left home (I could barely boil water) and I usually start teaching them at about 10.
Melinda got her report yesterday...it was very good.....Most subjects she got Excellents..but her disorganisation holds her back so thats something we really need to work on.
I have work today...its 8.10am and I'm ready to go. Just waiting for Brent to get organised. Today I move into my own office (have been sitting in the managers office until I was trained...at least now I can have the radio going while I work. I find that I work so much better with music on. Its going to be 18 degrees today, gradually warming up a bit now that Spring is here. I can't wait until its nice and warm again. Soon the vines with have green leaves and the view from my office will be changing yet again. Its so nice to look out the window occasionally and see the valley below and the vines and trees, the dog running around catching rabbits....so much different to looking at the wall or the building next door like I have in previous jobs.
Melinda is staying home sick today.....says she is sick in the stomach. She hasnt missed much school so I guess its ok to have a day off today. (she didnt look sick, but who knows)
We are eating fresh vegetables out of the garden at the moment. Its great. I can feel the goodness in my energy levels. Yesterday it was brocoli, snowpeas, spring onions and bok choy, all out of my garden. I really must work in it over the weekend. I just love really fresh vegetables.
Anyways, time to get ready and go.

No comments:

Post a Comment