Wednesday, September 29, 2010

On a happy note

The real positive I took from yesterday is that for the very first time, I had to pay Stef pocket money!! Our kids get money for doing chores, and for the first time ever Stef unstacked the dishwasher and cleared the table!! She was as pleased as punch with herself and carefully put her money away ready to go to the shop to buy her OWN lollies! She has a real love of chocolate coated honeycomb and I just know thats what she will choose when I take her to the shop (I made sure I paid her enough to buy some). Yesterday she was really switched on. Lots of words....woke me up with a kiss on the cheek and a "wake up sleepy" "hungry" "breakfast". She was quick at making choices.
Yesterday I was busy writing emails to our local councillors about our parking permit issues. Surely being a danger to herself or others should be enough to get a disabled parking space. Its purely ridiculous and I should not have to go back to my doctor to get him to lie and say she has trouble walking. Thats shit!
Anyway, off to work today. My mum is looking after the kids so I got up pretty early and did a bit of housework so that at least she wont wash floors. I worry about my mum doing too much. She is 77 and a fall on slippery tiles is the last thing she needs, nor does she need to carry heavy washing baskets. Must get going, time to get the act together....One foot in front of the other!

No comments:

Post a Comment