Monday, September 6, 2010

Feeling a bit drained!

At the moment I feel just very drained.
I have a beautiful friend...desparately in love with her husband who walked out on her. Asshole...but how do you tell her, that he is an abusive creep. He verbally abuses her unmercifully with language that I wouldnt call my worst enemy and worse than I saw with the roughest nastiest men I have ever met. He does this in front of her beautiful children. Never apologises for it afterward and thinks he is God's gift to the human race.....Sorry girl, but he is a piece of crap who I wouldn't have back if you paid me all the fricking tea in china. What sort of example is she setting for her beautiful girl of how a relationship truly should be or how much self esteem she should have or how much respect there should be in a relationship.
This girl is leaving me drained ...just how much support can I give someone who puts up with crap like that...as a mate, I love her dearly, but hell, I am just so tired of it.
Anyway, on with my own dramas.
Brent is being incredibly slack at school and if he isnt careful he is going to fail at least two subjects. I really have to get on his case a lot harder, but hell, I cop shit from him behaviour wise whenever I have to sit on him. His bedroom is incredibly disgusting, even by my standards..
Jack has gone away on his first ever camp today. He was incredibly excited about it. Oh it was so funny, he went off with his huge bag (packed by me) but when he got there, he panicked when he saw the other kids sleeping bags and chased me through the school yard..."Mum, I havent got my doona or pillow".......i had to go back with him and show him that he had his sleeping bag, pillow and favourite blanket all packed away in his bag. He ended up forgetting his raincoat though as he had taken it out of his backpack...not good when it has rained pretty hard for 3 straight days, but hopefully it will be good weather tomorrow.
Mj is being the total nethead like usual. Spends every waking moment on the damn computer. Oh it was so painful when we had no internet on Sunday...it was like the life support machine was off. Good part about that was the kids actually went outside for a change. She is still as disorganised as ever and still doesnt bring any homework home. Oh these lazy kids are a worry.
Stef.....currently we are doing a puberty thing at school. It has me more scared than ever. Her knowledge of personal hygiene is atrocious....I just cant wait for the messy time of the month to start..NOT. It downright scary for me. My girl is growing up, ....scary to think she will have the body of an adult soon, but the mind of a toddler. She has also been refusing to let anyone wipe her bottom which of course rules out school holiday program again. MUM HELP!! Yet again I will have to run to my dear old mum for help so that I can go to work. Not good. Hopefully I will be able to get some extra help from the carer respite centre so that she isnt working too hard.
Oh and we have booked a few days away in Broome for Melbourne Cup weekend. I just hope we can find someone to look after the kids for the 5 days. We both really need the break. 17 years and only 24 hour breaks away in that time. I need a holiday!

No comments:

Post a Comment