Thursday, September 9, 2010

Yesterday was a day of downpours, but with beautiful rainbows

Yesterday was a tough day..
I had yet another car accident....nothing major, just clipped the back corner of the car in front of me when my foot slipped off the break pedal. It wasnt until last night that I saw the truly funny side of it. Had a really good laugh about it last night. Here I was dressed to the nines ready for work, standing by the side of the road with the bogunest of boguns...she looked like crap...flanelette pjamas, moccosins, hair not done and the language that came out her mouth.....Honestly, this woman had no class. Then it struck me.....hey I really do ok.....here I am ready for work, looking pretty damn good with all the struggles we face and the extra issues, and I still manage to take care of myself and show a sense of class. In the end....a car is just a piece or two of metal, a bit of plastic and glass thrown in for good measure, insured but just a fricking car. Should have recognised her bogunness when I saw the personalised number plate. I realised that even on my worst day, I would never leave the house looking like that...no matter what has happened!
Anyway, after having a pretty busy day at work, one of the mum's at school was compelled to give me a bunch of flowers. She said, she had them with her, and all of a sudden just had to give them to me for no particular reason......sometimes I think that the power above gives you signs of hope and goodness....this was one of them.
Anyways, today is a new day.....full of promise still.
Tonight I am going to a Puberty workshop with a peadiatrician...just trying to get through my head what awaits us with Stef. At least I will get to meet the paediatrician I will be taking Stef to soon. We need to change doctors because our current one really isnt giving me much confidence or much alternatives regarding Stef..he is getting old and I think a woman will be much more in tune to the young stef's needs. Tomorrow I'm going to a talk about behaviour......Jim Crawford. I met him a while ago..about 10 years ago. Has some pretty contraversial viewpoints, but he deals with the toughest behavioural cases here. (Shaz, maybe you should come with me!!) I have used lots of his ideas over the last 10 years but need some new ideas to deal with the behaviours puberty is bringing us. I'm trying so hard not to freak out about what is on the way...
Working today and nearly ready before getting Stef up, always over dressed lol, but thats me. There is something about looking good going off to work which gives me a boost. Always wear makeup, hair straightened and dressed up. A lot of the other staff wear jeans, but for me, I need the business attire to make me feel professional.....Met the boss from Mildura yesterday....very quiet man, but I know he fires up pretty well.
On with the day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment