Friday, October 1, 2010

Its a beautiful spring day!

The sun is shining, the house is pretty clean, and today I'm feeling pretty positive.
Yesterday, we won the war against City of Greater Geelong regarding a Disabled Car Park permit. Its amazing how if you put the pressure on the beureaucrats (sp) via the elected representatives, that the criteria magically changes. Its a win! Next step is the education department. It's ridiculous that Stef and Brent get the same funding for school and that Stef gets roughly half that of a physically disabled child who is capable of doing the same things. There is always a battle to fight with these kids. The other is our access to speech therapy and of course respite care.
Stuff them all, Its time to make waves and believe me, I can surf them all!
Got a fair bit to do today...always heaps to do. Rainbow club stuff needs doing, work stuff, and of course getting the kids ready to go back to school on Monday. Oh and course Stef has emptied her wardrobe on to the bedroom floor again! Washing Washing Washing and always messes to clean up. I really need to get my diary out and make a list!
My new job is great. I love that its so cut and dried. My tasks are set according to deadlines and that I work pretty independently with it. I love how I can leave at the end of the day with the work finished and the plan for the following week already in place. Its great that nothing hangs over my head. For a person with ADHD, its great that I can plan out my time, no decisions to be procrastinated on.What is a huge laugh for me though, is that my boss sees me as incredibly organised and is even adopting some of my techniques to keep myself on the task.
Today I am going to take some time outside. Time to work on the garden a bit, and the sunshine and vitamin D will do me the world of good.

No comments:

Post a Comment