Monday, October 4, 2010

Day 4/100 day challenge and back to school!

Woohoo! Kids are back at school!! Normality hits! As much as I don't like having to get up everyday and get the kids going, I really like the routine that school term brings. The kids all got up this morning without too much hassle, even Melinda who stayed up till 3am watching the opening ceremony of the Commonwealth games. Melinda was hanging out to be back at school. As much as she hates to admit it, she loves it and is really quite good at school when she gets her organisational shit together. I have been desparately trying to catch up on the washing.....like about 15 loads yesterday, but this morning I walked into her room and freaked about how much washing was sitting around, and the clean stuff, just thrown on the floor. HMMM, bloody child. Isnt it bad enough that I have to do absolutely everything for Stef without having it to do for the other 3 as well. Oh well, will clean it up later today with her help and will throw out any clothes that no longer fit.
Today as my declutter challenge, I am still in the laundry. Woohoo, one load of washing left to do, and half of the room decluttered. Next step is the fabric stash in there...time to sort through and either sew up the baby/toddler fabric to give away or donate it to the opshop. I may just give it to a friend who makes kids clothes for the women's refuge. Its scary that these girls walk out of their homes with nothing...not even a change of clothes for their kids. Our local sewing guild donates clothing to give to these families. Stef really needs new clothes too...but being very long in the body, its hard to get her off the rack stuff, all the tops are too short, and the trousers are too shallow. It usually means she has a 4 inch gap between the tops and her bottoms. Must sit down over the next week or so and design some new stuff. I gave Melinda a drawing tablet for her computer but its incompatible for her mac so I will take it back to design outfits for stef (I am hopeless at drawing usually, but so much easier on the pc. I guess I was sent a lot of different skills for a reason....sewing and design is one of them that I look at and think Gee, I am so glad I can do that.
Anyway, washing machine has finished again, so out to put out some more before the rain!

No comments:

Post a Comment