Thursday, October 7, 2010

Sometimes my life is just GR

I'm trying really hard to keep positive, but hell its taking a bit at the moment.
Yesterday was just one of those days with the kids. Started off bad when I tried to make the lunches. Melinda had after I went to bed, eaten 8 jam donuts! Her compulsive eating is sometimes a real problem. She lied to me and said it must have been Stef who ate them. I know that it wasnt Stef though. Stef would leave bits of them around, and wouldnt put the empty packet in the bin outside. It annoys me totally that MJ can bald face lie and then say whatever when you pull her up on it. She finally admitted it but even that was disrespectfully. I just didnt have the energy last night to push it.
Work went ok, but I was tired and distracted by a stupid management consultant who is totally wasting my time. I will be so glad when he has gone as he is such a stupid man. Then I picked up the boys from school. Brent was in a rage about having to redo his English SAC. He just wouldnt understand that its a long bow to draw to say that Stem cell research was basically to increase the rich's power in the world. I took me about half an hour to get him to calm down enough to see a little bit of reason. He finally did, after I explained that stem cell research is being done in China to help kids like Stef and basically if I had the $100 000 I would take her. But how great that would be if it becomes a treatment that is more available to help the very severely afflicted autistic to communicate.
The next issue I had was that Stef broke the railing holding up the slats on her bed...meant that she had to sleep on her mattress on the floor last night which didnt go down well. It was close to 1am when she finally went to sleep.
Then, at 7pm......Melinda said, oh I have to cook banana bread for an assessment task for health. I had to then go to the shop to get bananas and other stuff to make it. No thanks mum or nothing. She finally got on to make it, and then dropped the cake tin as she was putting it in the oven.....cake mix right through the oven.....cooking onto the hot surface. I scooped up what I could, put it back into the tin, and cooked it. But my oven is a mess. This will be a big test of the self cleaning oven!
Anyway, Im behind in my housework plans due to my friend arriving on my doorstep for 4 hours on Tuesday and having to do a bit of running around on Tuesday for rainbow club...Im getting emails putting pressure on me to get the stuff done for them, emails about my casual work, and heaps to do.
I really need to take a step back, scream at the fence to get rid of the tension and then just get on with the job, doing the best I can.
Can't wait til Steve gets home, just to give me a cuddle!

No comments:

Post a Comment