Sunday, October 3, 2010

100 day challenge!

Ok, I have started a 100 day challenge. If you havent heard me talking about it before, its 100 days where I work each day towards my set goals.
My goals for this 100 days are:
1. To lose 10kg
2. Give up smoking
3. To organise the house, get rid of clutter from every room.
4. To be more creative.
5. To have a nice garden, vegetables and fresh eggs.
6. To finish of work projects and have rainbow club stuff up to date.
7. To get more help for Stef and our family.
8. To be more financially aware and making the most of what we have.

Each week, I break down the tasks to smaller chunks and each day do something to move forward on each goal.

The first time I did the 100 day challenge, was about 3 years ago, where we decided that we needed to move. Bit by bit, we did things around the old house to get it ready for sale. At the start of my 2nd one hundred day challenge we had made the decision to sell, and we did!
Its amazing how when you set your mind to your goals, and work on them each day that things actually start to happen pretty quickly.
This 100 day challenge is about tidying up my life so that I can move on to new challenges with a clean slate, mentally and physically. Its about getting rid of emotional and physical clutter. Both for me, and those around me. Its about getting the help we will need for Stef, and getting ready to help her move on to young adulthood. Its about helping Brent gear up for his final year of school and Melinda moving onto year 10 work next year which is a pretty vital year. Its about getting Jack more mentally organised. The kids need me to be far more organised, the house to be one of peace, and to have a sanctuary that they deserve. Its about organising breaks for them and for us so that we can approach life in a less stressed manner.
Today, I have worked on decluttering the laundry and have worked in the garden a while. Its a beautiful spring day...so sunny and warm!
We went to the outskirts of Lara, and watched the bike riders in the world championship ride past. Cheering them on. I had a conversation with one of the swiss riders at the supermarket the other day....he was saying how great it was to have such terrific fresh food available and how cheap it was. Its something that we take for granted a lot I guess, especially when it is so easy to grow stuff ourselves. Can't wait to have my vege garden at its peak....oh and we have raspberries and blueberries and strawberries....yummo.
Anyway......onward...

No comments:

Post a Comment