Saturday, October 23, 2010

Why does it rain on weekends?

Yesterday was a glorious day......sun was shining, it was nice and warm and it just was beautiful. Today is overcast, cool and just yuk. Seems to be the weather pattern at the moment, fine during the week and wet and yuk on the weekend.
Just 6 sleeps to go and we will go to Broome. I am hanging out for a battery recharge!! Its around 35-38oC over there at the moment, which reminds me...I must have a look at what of my summer clothes actually fit!! I may have to buy some new sandals for sure, and a new sundress oh and reclaim my bathers from Stef. I put a size 12 school dress on her yesterday...omg, she has grown so much this year. It seems a waste though to buy her new ones when she only has 6 weeks left at the school. We were lucky enough to buy her a new top and netball skirt at the opshop last week, so we may have enough to get her through until the end of the year. She really needs new clothes for Barwon Valley School though.
Stef was so smoochy yesterday and she had an awesome day at school. She really suprises everyone as yesterday her normal aide was away, but she had a good day anyway. Change does not bother her much at all which is a against the usual autism trait. I guess in this house things change all the time. When Brent was little he would have major meltdowns everytime we changed his normal routine, so we stopped doing anything the same way twice. Routines changed daily, furniture changed, plans changed, just everything in his life changed all the time. Eventually he got to the point where change was nothing to be frightened of and there were no more meltdowns. I know that Brent thinks I am flaky....that I can never make up my mind, but its what I have had to be for his sake. Routines were too comfortable for him...and the biggest difficulty was stepping out of the routine for him.
Tonight we are going to a cocktail party at a friends place. We havent caught up to these darling people for ages and we are so looking forward to seeing them both. I think steve was organising a limo for us (cheaper than a taxi to werribee). Its a pity we have to be home by 1am, but thats the way it is.
Anyways, onward. Lots to do...housework, rainbow club, jack has a mate's party and the Mt Washmore!

No comments:

Post a Comment