Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Geelong cup day!

I worked Monday so that I could be at home today as all the kids have the day off school. I just don't understand why the teachers need to have Geelong Cup day. They used to at least give the kids a day off for the show, now, its all about the teachers and stuff the kids!
Today I have been working on getting my kitchen spotless. I find generally, that although its pretty clean on the surface (some of the time anyway)a lot of stuff just hasnt been done. Things like cleaning out the freezer, scrubbing the oven and benches....giving it all a damn good clean. I am also throwing out anything I dont love or dont use. I can't wait for the house to be completely decluttered!
Yesterday we went out for lunch, just Steve and I. It was great to just spend some time together. Then we went to the op shop and picked up a unit to put our stereo, cds and alcohol in our bedroom. Its a problem that we can't have any of that stuff in the general living area of the house...thats the price we pay with having Stef I guess. Its cool that we picked up one pretty cheaply in very good condition and it even matches our bedside tables. Ha, I even got a discount on it having a healthcare card on me for Stef.
I'm just deciding on a timeline to get out of Rainbow club.....I am so sick of committees and the time committments that I have. I reallly want to simplify my life so that I get more time doing the things that I really love to do, ie sewing, cooking classes etc. I think its time I started looking after me too. There is always more stuff I can do to help Stephanie too.
OH and I had a conversation with Medibank Private about health coaching...interesting stuff, and they are sending me lots of info on portion control, and things like a pedometer to help me on my way. I am giving up doing Jenny Craig this week. Its expensive and I am so bored with the food. I think instead exercise and the Csiro diet again will keep me losing the weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment