Thursday, October 21, 2010

Time to simplify and get selfish!

After making a decision to simplify my life, I have realised just how much of my time is spent doing things for others. Rainbow club is probably taking me between 5 and 7 hours a week. Steve thinks it is a lot more. School council is a little less at about 1 1/2 to 3 hours a month.
I think my family will need every bit of my time next year. Brent has a big year ahead.....VCE. He needs to get his learners permit and learn to drive. Melinda will be moving on to year 10 work and needs to learn how to organise herself. Stef of course is moving into puberty. All big things in their own right, and they deserve to have a mum who is there for every step of it.
Bit by bit, the house is getting a good spring clean. This week it is the kitchen. OMG some of it was so gross. I hit the floor running this morning, cleaning the fridge of all the science experiments and out of date stuff. Oh and I did a bit of ironing too. Its nearly 6.30 and I need to get MJ up soon.....then I am getting on the eliptical trainer for a while. I am going to make a concerted effort to do exercise daily on a consistent basis. Not a lot, just a little each day will do the trick.
Today I have to go to work earlier than usual. Steve is taking the little darlings to school. anyway, onward

No comments:

Post a Comment