Sunday, June 20, 2010

Busy today....cleaning out the kitchen.....eww

Today I am making a concerted effort on cleaning my kitchen. It was always clean on the surface....but ewww underneath. The walls were gross, the ceiling still is. We have a huge problem with flies. We spray them, but unfortunately the crafty little buggers go up the ducted heating vents....and then when the coast is clear they all come back down again. The ceiling has all these little brown spots which I am gradually cleaning off. All the top cupboards had a greasy feeling and I just hate it. Not to mention the bloody plastics cupboard. How we can ever make it manageable is beyond me. Anyway, the kitchen is starting to look reasonable again....the cupboard doors are sparkling, the window is clean enough to look through for once and the curtains are on the line. Next is the dreaded pantry. Oh and then I might go look for a new oven.
We havent had an oven for a while now.......since Brent through a fork at Jack and missed hitting the oven door. It shattered like a windscreen.....glass everywhere not to mention a bloody pissed off mother. I love to cook and not having an oven has been awful. Time to get a new one and maybe a new cooktop while we are at it. Steve has been homebrewing and bent the wire bit on the top......and one of the burners isnt working either.
Had my brother Allan, Lyn and Jacinta over last night. We had bread and dips (I just love different dips), pizza and a birthday cake. Stef made a big effort to sing happy birthday to him and he was absolutely rapt and had tears in his eyes. It really was such a huge achievement for her. It was good to just kick back with family, relax and just be me. Not worry about what Stef is up to and enjoy a few drinks. Usually when we are out, one of us is constantly on the edge, keeping an eye on what Stef is getting into.
Tonight is roast night......mmmm, roast lamb yummo.

No comments:

Post a Comment