Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Stress!!

The stress of it all really got me on Sunday night...heart racing, the brain wouldnt stop thinking about it and I just felt awful. Hypnotherapy helped a lot and eventually I got to sleep, but really didnt have enough. I worked so much over the weekend, probably more than 20 hours. GRRR
Its all just way to hard right now, and I feel yuk.

Anyway, onward. Brent has exams this week...I hope he does all right. I don't think he quite gets how much work he needs to put in to pass. I got another email from a teacher last night, that Brent hasnt handed in work that he needs to to pass. It sucks to have to nag him all the time, but that is the price we pay for having teenagers in the house. I think I may have to ban the computer for a while until the work is done. Brent is a total computer adict and every spare moment he has, thats where he is.
Melinda had a good weekend...she went to a friend's birthday party and had a great time doing the girly teenage stuff. I sometimes feel that mj has a pretty tough life, but then, we all have our crosses to bear. I think she really is a wonderful young lady to deal with all that she does without too much input from us.
We have been given a computer for Stef by the Kiwanis Club....woohoo. My mum and dad have been members of this service club for years....like since I was little. After the newspaper story came out, Mum suggested to the club that perhaps they can help us and this is the culmination of that. I have spoken to the club before...maybe I can offer again to explain what it is truly like to live with autism. I just have to find time to pick the computer up.
Had a rainbow club committee meeting last night. It was ok. We are looking at going alone as we dont get very much from our association with the National Rainbow Club. We are the only club that stands alone financially, and I think the national club uses our money for its own purposes to prop up other clubs who dont fundraise as much as we do. I will get the books audited before the AGM....we dont have to, but I think it is a good idea simply to reassure all on the committee that they are correct. We are also shifting banks to make it easier for me to deposit. It is almost impossible to keep up to it as I have to get to the bank during work hours and I have to drive to get there.
I can't wait to get all my work done.....I have about 40 hours sitting in front of me at least. Bit by bit it will get done but my main focus needs to be on my new job, not my old one.
I am finally under 80kg woohoo.....15 kg to go!! I am now wearing size 12 in everything and even they are getting loose!! I get so many comments so it is really noticeable.
Anyway, on to a new day....I hope it goes smoothly!!

No comments:

Post a Comment