Saturday, June 26, 2010

Work function and the week

Tonight we have a work function for the accounting firm I work for. I am wearing a size 12 dress that I wore to my best friends wedding 15 or so years ago. Its a dress that I just loved at the time and yes its tight, but it does look great and just the level of sofistication that I want. Not over the top dressy but stunning in my favourite color. I hope we have a good night.
I have had a week of resting up. The last two years have been so stressful for us all. I love having the money but not sure if I need the extra stress. Maybe I should start my own business bookkeeping and then develop my other passions on the side. Who knows what the right thing is for us? I certainly don't.
We got the kids reports. Brent did great in some subjects...he even got an A in legal studies exam. Woohoo!! He also did very very well in Media studies and History. Oh and he has decided finally to get his learners permit!! He previously didnt want to get it...so this is a huge step forward. I think having a smaller car for him to learn in has changed his mind. I just have to get his full birth certificate and then he can get it.
Melinda did very well and had a good report, but every teacher complained of lack of organisation, not handing work pieces in and lack of concentration in class. I really need to get her into a routine where she does her homework religiously after school. Steve never had to work for his marks....I slaved for every single one. I still battle with my own demons as far as organisaiton skills...every day. I use lists but not effectively and am better when I use a diary. I really need to teach Melinda some good habits.
I am working on getting Stef's speech facilitation program up and running for the computers and the Nintendo Ds....its just a matter of working out which choices would be most useful for her right now and what she is capable of. I know there is a bright little mind there, it just has no way to tell us what she knows already. Fingers crossed that this will be a turning point for her. I am going to make a concerted effort to get the schools to work together and to work on using the speech facilitation program. The special school has been so slack over the last 2 years and I have got very frustrated with that. We really need a school that is geared towards autism and getting the best we can out of these kids. Our choices are incredibly limited right now.
Jack's report was ok...he is behind his peers quite a long way, and his writing is pretty poor so his number one thing to work on is his writing skills. Fortunately he is a good reader and is relatively good at maths, so we can afford to concentrate just on his writing for a while. He got a new teacher this term and she is lovely and really seems to get the whole autism adhd bit. His previous teacher treated him like just a naughty kid and it was very frustrating. Jack hates school as it is....she made it just so much worse.
Oh and I gained weight this week......not unexpectedly as I have been eating like a pig and not sticking to the program. Time to get back on track and work hard. I want so much to be fitter and healthier and without smoking as well. So many things in my life to change...time to get my goals happening and work out what we really are aiming for.
Anyway...time to get the kids organised...going into town for Melindas friends birthday present and to pick up my Jenny Craig food.

No comments:

Post a Comment