Monday, June 14, 2010

Life on the change!

Well, first off, my mammogram results. I have lumpy bits..all benign, but there were more of them this time and far more dense. The beauty about going to the Freemasons for my checks is that I get it all done in one day. I had 6 mammograms all up.. The whole waiting room of women were starting to panic when I was called in yet again for yet another lot. You could see the sympathy in their faces when I came back into the room. The woman next to me started to talk. She had lumps too and was totally panicking and she couldnt believe how calm I was about it all. I went through all the emotion of it last year, so I was pinning my hopes that it was the same this year, and it was. I had the ultrasound and everything was benign. I saw the surgeon the same day and he said I need to come back religiously next year as the lumps he feels are caused by sports knocks and there is a possibility of one of them turning cancerous later. Fingers crossed that it never happens.
Ok, second life changing revalation... I am quitting my new job. My resignation is sitting on my desk, waiting for the dragon lady maternity leave girl to see on Tuesday morning. It really is her own fault. She threw me in the deepend with so little training and basically lied to me about how busy and high pressured the job really is. I really don't want a job that leaves me so empty of energy that I cant function at home. My kids have been missing out, not to mention the extra workload on Steve. The money is good, but it isnt everything and doesnt even come close to paying for my kids happiness or Steve's happiness. Who knows what the future brings, but it certainly isnt in a high pressured job.
Yesterday I did absolutely no work. I slept for hours, watched a movie or two, cooked a yummy tea for my family and just nurtured my soul. It was pure bliss. Steve even commented that I was smiling again. Its time to make my life much more simple again..spending good times with my kids, having the relationship with steve where I have the energy to nurture him to for the special person he really is. I realised to that I havent done any of the things that I really like doing..... like sewing, knitting, jewelery making, cooking.......for so long now. These are things that make me happy and I just havent had time for so long to do any of it.
Now I have made the decision, a huge weight has lifted from my shoulders......now to find something better. Its out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment