Thursday, June 17, 2010

Catching up!

Slowly but surely I am catching up on my life lol. Can you believe that yesterday I spent a whole hour cleaning the smallest room in the house. It was so gross! I put a layer of bicarb on the floor to soak up the smell. Boys always miss, expecially my boys.
I still have about 8 hours of work to do for the supermarket. I will be so glad to finish it. Life will become simple again after that is over so today I will be working like crazy to get it done.
The kids are starting to get used to me being home again. Melinda sprained her ankle at school on Tuesday and immediately I was rung to pick her up. I think it is just a sprain, but if she wont put the foot to the ground today I will take her to the doctor.
Today I have promised myself an hour.......maybe go for a swim. I love swimming. I find it very relaxing to do laps. Not that I am very fit at the moment so doing laps may be a little difficult, but I need to start getting fit.
I have 2 more days left of smoking. Its my dad's anniversary on Saturday so I am planning to give up then in his memory. Its time and I know I will feel so much better for it. Also helps that the stress is off right now. I still miss my dad a lot. I miss having him as a sounding board. He didnt judge and never broke my confidence. I miss that a lot. I guess thats one of the reasons I never told the family how sick he really was in his last year. I knew he ws dying, and asked him about it and although he was evasive he couldnt lie to me. He didnt want to be treated as if he was incapable and didnt want the sympathy. He just wanted to live life for as long as he could. I respected that. Its pleasing that Mum has rebuilt her life and is doing so well. Its been a tough week for her. She lost one good friend...someone who has been in her life for 40 years through girl guides, and then on the eve of the funeral, lost another good friend from that same circle....Oh it must be so tough getting old and losing good friends. Last night I felt like crawling through the phone to give her a big hug. I could hear the hurt in her voice and she really needed to talk but she didnt want to burden me either.
Today I am going to buy a pair of good runners. I want to go for a hit of badminton. I havent played for 15 years, but I really think I could get back into it. I may even encourage Melinda to play. She has great hand eye coordination and plays on her school team. Its something we can get involved with together. I really need to get active and as I dont like gyms much or exercising for the sake of it, I need to get into things like badminton. Hmm, just hope my knees and ankles will stand up to the test.
Always something to do.....

No comments:

Post a Comment