Sunday, June 27, 2010

Work function was a blast!

I really enjoyed myself which was very suprising. But it was also a night of realising just how small Geelong is....One of the partners is married to a girl I was a year ahead of at school and then I realised that I actually was in the same year at uni as my boss. I also realised just how young Steve and I really are in our own minds. That we still enjoy going out and that we can fit in pretty easily into groups. Because I only work as a casual in the firm, I'm not well known, in fact most people had no idea who the interlopers were lol. But we managed to chat to quite a few people. I also came home feeling a little envious..it didnt last long, but it was a big realisation of how much autism has changed my life path and that life really hasnt followed my grand plan. Thats life I guess and we just have to make the best of what we have. For me, that includes time..I amy never be able to work full time under our circumstances...the trick will be able to find an employer that is ok with that knowing that when I am with them it is 100%. The accounting firm has been good with that and maybe just maybe we can make it work.
Today I feel at peace with my world for some reason....its a wonder I am not hung over...I had quite a few red wines but felt very much in control. I would never write myself off at a work function. There is something about getting older which tells you that at a work function you are still actually in the work place and that how you hold yourself at these functions reflects on your professionalism. Oh the things we learn along the way. Some of the young ones were pretty off their face and although they think they are at a pure social function, they werent....not really and it will reflect in the work place. I am at peace because I can see a future...one way or another there will be a pathway for me both as a mum, as a wife, as a career person. It will all work out somehow.
Today, my aim is to get Stef's tap to talk program set up, and to tidy up our bedroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment