Thursday, June 10, 2010

Getting through it all.....

Gradually, slowly but surely I am getting through it all. I still have a lot to do, but it is happening. I am so busy at work that I just don't know how I am going to get through it all. Last fortnight I did 76 hours...so that is full time. I also did 14 hours with the accounting firm and 20+ with the supermarket......scary thought that I did more than 100 hours of work in two weeks. Thank goodness I am getting paid for it all.
Today I have a day off.....going for a mammogram and ultrasound. Its all ok, just precautionary stuff. I have one every year now. I am a lumpy person....and they just like to keep an eye on things for me, especially as my grandmother had breast cancer around my age. I go to a clinic at the Freemasons hospital which is brilliant. You get the mammogram, and then if they see anything, straight to an ultrasound and then you see the doctor. In Geelong, its have the mammogram, wait 2 weeks to get in for an ultrasound and then wait again to see the doctor. I much prefer to have it all in one day....so much less stressful!
Stef is so happy at the moment and so affectionate. She had a day off school yesterday with teachers having a curriculum day. She spent the morning with Mum and Aunty Ree looked after her in the afternoon. She smiles so much at the moment and makes a good effort at talking. I cant help but think she is improving..I know, wishful thinking but one day it will happen. I really need to get over to pick up her computer but I need to give him a copy of the newspaper article for the club,, and I havent kept it. Will get a copy from the Geelong Addy. Im hoping by having a computer that is just hers, she will get a chance to learn how to type. I know there is more than meets the eye with Stef, its just a matter of tapping into her brain.
Brent has finished his exams which is great. I hope he has passed them all. He has to go to school tomorrow to resit a SAC for psychology. I know he doesnt like the subject much, but he has to commit to what he has started.
Steve is having a few days off. Yesterday he spent the day just going for a drive and having some alone time. I think alone time recharges the batteries. I really must schedule some in for me too. I just rush around like a mad thing, and dont take the time for me. Hopefully after I have finished this pile of work!!
In some ways I think that this job has way too many hours involved to be good for our family. I like the job, but really, I would prefer the 3 day a week job that I used to have. At least then I had the time to spend with the kids and to do any thing else I needed to do. I chase my tail constantly and it shows in how my mind is just not organised.

No comments:

Post a Comment