Friday, June 4, 2010

Stepping up to the plate

I had a huge discussion with my new boss...basically set the ground rules of what I will not put up with as a person and showed him a loyalty as an employee that he has really taken on board. How many other employees would be working at 4am, to make sure stuff got done for end of month? He also found out that I do really care about it, and my fellow employees. He said its the first time ever, that he has seen a time when people come into my office, just to say hello when they come and that there is a real friendliness in the office...a feeling of family and team.
I have decided, that I really want to step up a notch in my career. I am going to do my Real Estate Licence and then my CPA. I phoned the accounting firm that I work for as well and spoke to one of the senior partners about it. He said that they will provide a sponsor for me and if there is anything they could do for me as a company, I just needed to ask and that there is a library that I can use. Apparently my newspaper story last week has made them feel very proud as a company to be involved with our family and its journey. At the end of the phonecall, I just felt so loved and appreciated as a person that I had tears in my eyes. It shocks me sometimes to feel the respect that other people have for me, the respect they have for my positive nature and my work ethic. It was probably what I needed to hear as it gave me a much needed boost to the ego at a time when I was feeling pretty inadequate.
The supermarket stuff is almost done, probably about 20 hours more work to do with it.....at least the staff super has been paid lol after much argument with the ex boss and a threat that I would be the first to ring the tax department and that it was a criminal offence now if he didnt. I have a list a mile long of bookwork I need to do, but by the same token, my number one priority is with my new job first.

The kids are all ok. Having a few issues with Brent and his attitude in English, and not doing enough work to pass his SACS.....Steve gave him a bit of a talking to yesterday morning, and the teachers email me to let me know what is happening. At least I have the teachers emailing me now as they know we can help in our own way.

Stef had a good week. Needs a good dose of laxatives this weekend though.

I had a meeting with Jack's teacher early yesterday morning. His new teacher is lovely thank goodness and she really is getting where he is at. It was good to meet finally. (his old teacher went on Maternity leave at the end of last term and I was so releaved as she constantly treated him like a naughty child and had no true understanding of his disabilities). I really think being active in the school helps a lot...being on school council means I know the teachers, and the resources available, and of course have no hesitation in talking to the principal. It means doors are open without formality. Jack is so funny sometimes. His shoes were absolutely stuffed but he didnt tell me how stuffed. Driving him to school on Tuesday, I noticed that the soul had come off his shoes, OMG Jack you didnt tell me they were that bad so at lunch I had to go and buy him some new ones. Steve bought him new tracky pants yesterday....kid spends most of his time crawling around the playground and every single pair of his pants had holey knees lol, always stuff to buy!
Respite care is booked for the month....12th and 26th. On the 26th I have a EOFYS function with the accounting firm. I think it will be really good. They are a great bunch to work for. LOL< with 3 employers, I really have a lot of good work mates.
Anyway, onward......time to get everyone organised and some washing done before work.

No comments:

Post a Comment