Friday, July 16, 2010

Gotta stop being so hard on myself!

I was a long way down yesterday...nothing seemed to be going right. We all have those days, just maybe sometimes I need to be a little less hard on myself, step back and have a long hard look at the big picture.
When you do that, sometimes you realise just what you are trying to do, and when I balance it up, I probably do far more than most people. I do 5 or 6 loads of washing a day...My kitchen is clean, the floors are swept and the bathrooms are cleaned, all before 9am. There are no piles of washing clean or dirty around....just a pile of ironing to be done. I am working probably around 30 hours a week from home at the moment, catching up, but that will be under control by Monday. I am on two committees......school council, finance committee for the school and treasurer of rainbow club. I am an actively supportive friend, especially to other mum's who have special needs kids. I am quick with a cuddle and an ear and always make time for that. I am always looking for new ways to help
Stef on her journey and I talk often to each of the school teachers to find ways I can support them.
I realise though, that one thing I don't do is spend time on ME! I have been neglecting my diet, get no exercise and dont seem to find time for any creative stuff...I really need to get it in balance. Hopefully I will find more time after the end of Tuesday. Monday I hand over all of the supermarket stuff....nearly finished and I can hardly wait. Tuesday I go to the client from the accounting firm. His work is less than 2 hours from being up to date...and then......I'm FREE!!
"I am only one
But still I am one,
I cannot do everything,
But I can still do Something"
Edward Everett Hale

No comments:

Post a Comment