Sunday, July 4, 2010

Living with intention!

OK, enough of drifing along. This has been a period of recharge, but now its time to move on to a new phase. Not sure what it will bring as yet. I really need to reset my goals for the next 100 days and beyond.
Goals that I have decided on so far.
1. To become a non-smoker again- I have had a year of chuffing away, but I can feel my body kicking up a stink about it. I have got my patches and I had my last cigarette at 10pm last night. I know its time to take control or let the higher power to do it for me...I cant do it on my own. Back to Nicotine Anon for the extra support I need. My vow though this time is rather than eat with cravings, I will be doing 5 minutes of aerobic exercise.
2. To lose 10 kg over the next 100 days. Oh it would be so nice to get down to my goal weight as quickly as possible, but realistically.. half a kilo to a kilo a week maximum is doable.
3. To find a good job that fits around the needs of my family and is rewarding financially and mentally.
4. To work on my writing...perhaps put some pieces in the paper. I want to reach out and let people know just what my girl lives with...the frustrations as a parent and her frustrations of not having a voice.
5. To plan a trip......not sure where yet.....but I think a trip like Italy....who knows when it will happen, but it will happen.
6. To gain far more help for Stef than we are getting.
7. To have the house decluttered and tidy.
8. To set aside time for more creative activities.

Ok, so there are my intentions....now to break it down to the smallest bits so that I can a little each day to reach my goals.

Kids are all ok. Jack has a nasty cold, the phlegm monster! Jack has always been a kid who produces lots and snorts and snuffles. Just hope he doesnt plan on sharing it around.
Stef spent yesterday just lounging around in her room playing with her nintendo ds. I think sometimes its good for her to do that. It recharges her batteries and makes it easier for her to cope with the next days.
They have school holiday program 3 days this week....Monday, Wednesday and Thursday. We might get to do something the other two days.
Brent goes to Vampire hours during school holidays...up all night and sleeps all day and Melinda stays up very late and sleeps til 1pm.

Ok, so my plan for the day is to do some house work and hang out the 5 loads of washing that didnt fit on the clothes lines yesterday.....then some baking for the kids for the week and maybe make some pasta. I love making homemade pasta and it really is cheap to make. The kids love it especially Melinda. Oh and then there is 20 shirts to iron lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment