Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Contemplation!

I lost a dear friend on Friday. A huge battle with breast cancer. Its sad, she leaves behind 3 beautiful girls and a devastated husband. She was always someone who was concerened about others. Always asked on the infrequent catch ups we had how I was coping and what was happening in my life. Anyway, the last catch up we had was a quick coffee when we ran into each other in November. Obviously she was struggling to breathe, but she brushed that aside. The thing that struck me most about our last conversation is that she said that for the first time, I actually accepted my lot in life and that I was making the most of the cards that I have been given. Alos was the realisation that I am not the one living with the disability, that is not my journey. My journey is to help them be the best that they can be..the rest of the journey is theirs to take.
On contemplation of this last conversation this week..I had the realisation that i really need to live my life...yes, I will be always looking at the differences between my life and those with "normal" kids, but ultimately I need to live my life not just struggle on and live for caring for my kids. Who knows how much time we have left...nothing is ever guaranteed hey, so I need to live with more intention. Doing the things that are important for me as well as deal with the issues that come my way. So now to find the things that are important for me....whats my bucketlist...what are my true goals and dreams. I know what my dreams for my kids are, but what are mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment