Tuesday, February 8, 2011

So far so good!

Had an email from Brent's aide yesterday. So far Brent seems pretty committed to doing well this year. I think its so important for the school to remain in contact with me about Brent. I have asked his aide to make sure all his teachers have my email address and to contact me with any concerns at any time. I have also asked for any due dates for assignments to be given to me so that I can make sure Brent gets them done.
Melinda had a good first day. Hopefully she will get more organised this year. She is so much like me...very disorganised mentally. I'm trying to give her the tools to get more organised that I use, but she won't listen. Like any teenager, she thinks she knows everything and that parents are idiots.
Stef went off happily again this morning. Her teacher is very impressed by her ability to follow instructions and her compliance. Its something that we have been working on so Im pretty pleased.
Jack....well, he's just Jack. I think it will be difficult to keep him at school...he is just not academic. He's smart enough, just his attention span is short, and his writing ability holds him back enormously. He is around 2 years behind his peers.
Well, as for me....I'm working 2 days a week. I just love it. I have come to the conclusion that two or even 3 days a week is enough for me to cope with. Its all the extra little things like having to get books for Brent yesterday, making sure I catch up to mum on a regular basis (after all, she is getting on a bit...79th birthday was on Sunday) and have a bit of time to me. Housework and washing is always a huge issue in this house. Our dishwasher runs at least twice a day, the washing machine 4-5 loads a day let alone all the other cleaning up. My kids are messy little pigs.
We lost our darling old dog on Australia day....it was very sad. Now I'm on the hunt for a new golden retriever pup. It will be lovely to have a new puppy in the house...I love watching the bonding process between the kids and the dog. It really is something special. Now its just to find the right temprement pup and then its the whole training process.
Our beautiful chickens are doing great. They really are very friendly little things and their eggs are just great. Nothing like fresh eggs from happy chooks. I also have to do a fair bit of gardening in the next months. Vegetable prices are going through the roof!~
So much to do, always on a limited time budget, but hey...I'd hate to be bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment