Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Vison boards, quitting a job and the way we put ourselves out for our kids!

I am making an awesome vision board! I went to spotlight yesterday..bought some bright green paint, some wooden carved words which I will paint today..I already had a huge canvas, so I have painted the background....Now its to finding pictures of things I envision for myself....I can't wait to have this on my wall to remind myself whats really important in life. Last time I made a vision board.....everything on it came true...yes, not by some miracle, but by reminding myself of what I wanted all the time, I worked towards it.
Yesterday I threw in one of my jobs.....its a relief!! I know I am far more content and organised only working 2 days a week....and it shows in the kids especially when I am stressed. Too, it gives me a lot more time for the truly creative side of my personality. I am one of the strange people who are both left and right brained..analytical and yet creative. I feel at odds with myself when I dont get the chance to indulge the creative side, it almost feels as if something is totally missing in my life.
Today, Melinda went off to school so happy. She paid me the ultimate compliment as a mum.....YOU ARE EPIC! They are having their school swimming sports today...and she was dressing up as Emma out of one of the animes she watches. We went op shopping on Saturday and found a few things, but was missing a vest and a bow. I drew up a pattern last night, and this morning made it out of a shirt we bought from the op-shop. I also made the bow this morning.....just as well I am a morning person as I was up by 4am. Also decorated the muffins that she made last night. She went off happily with her hair done beautifully (for once), dressed up in her costume with her great looking muffins.......a happy girl.
Oh and we sold our old caravan.....someone drove past it yesterday where we store it, went in and offered to buy it. The van is about 45 years old....a bloody heavy huge old thing and was just about stuffed inside. Anyway, the guy who bought it does them up...apparently she was a rare old thing. Steve is very relieved about getting a good price for it, cash in hand.....as we were planning on getting rid of it in the next year or so anyway. It was so heavy to tow. Now looking for something smaller.
Oh and I will have to get on to gtting my passport.....aiming to get to Spain in May with Steve. He is going on a conference, and Spain has always been on my bucket list. Fingers crossed I make it.
Oh and the electrician is coming to hopefully fix our spa today. Oh I miss that thing...I can't wait til its fixed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment