Thursday, February 10, 2011

A good boss!

It's amazing what a difference having a good boss makes. Yesterday I asked for time off today to go to the funeral of my friend..boss said, no worries, do what you need to do. Yes I know that I would never leave my job undone, that I would make up for it to get it done (like going in until 6pm last night), but its nice that they know that I will get it done regardless. Makes such a difference.
It was such a busy day at work yesterday..flat out and time just seemed to fly. I will go in early today as well so that I can get the pays pretty much done before I leave at 10.30.
I hate funerals, but I feel I need to go. When Jack asked why I would go to it, I said to let the family know that we care, to pay respects to the beautiful woman she was and to say goodbye. I think he gets it. He has more empathy than most kids with autism, certainly a lot more than Brent has. I still think he is far more ADHD than aspergers.
Steve is still sick with Asthma....he is supposed to be flying out to China on Monday, but really I don't think he is going to make it. It would be really unwise to travel the way he is. I guess a doctors visit on Friday will either say yes or no, but I wouldnt.
Kids are all settling into school well. Brent is working for once...woohoo. He gets it, he really gets it. Jack is happy with his teacher. Miss Olsten is a lovely lady who taught Stef last year. She gets the whole disability bit. Also having known her, it makes communication very easy and free. I think that is the true key...having enough of a relationship with teachers and aides to really have an easy conversation. It also means they will come to you quickly if there are problems. It makes a huge difference.
I've got so much to do at the moment, but you know, I am getting better at doing whats important first. The prioritisation of things has always been an issue for me, and then the following through. I really think I am improving in this.
Oh and I'm getting my bucketlist together....the things I really want to do. I really want to get to spain..Steve is going in May for work....maybe if I save heaps between now and then I may get there too....if not, I will save so we can both go.
Anyways, off to doing some washing and dishes before work.

No comments:

Post a Comment