Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Caravans, the long term

We went to the caravan show yesterday....OMG there are some beautiful caravans out there...all with showers, toilets the lot. Its where I realised though, that our life will never quite be like other peoples. We always have to plan to have a third wheel. Where other people can get a van with just a double bed, ours will need to have a bed for Stef, even when we are old and grey she will be with us. There is no major investment by the government in residential care for these kids coming through. It's scary, but I try not to focus on it..what will be will be.
Jack is relly focussing on the end of the Mayan Callendar.....poor kid thinks the world will end next year...and with all the natural disasters, its even harder to convince him that the world will go on...and that Australia is a very safe country. Sometimes the thought processes of these kids are set in stone and its very hard to get them to think otherwise. I just keep telling him that I plan on growing old with his dad and that I want to see grandchildren some day. His answer to that, "well mum, give up smoking". Truth out of the mouths of babes. Soon babe, real soon!
Steve is heading off to China again this morning..until Saturday. Im pretty used to it, business as usual in this place. Yes I miss him heaps when he is away, but life doesnt stop...things still need to be done and kids need to feel confident in Mum's ability to keep it all going. Got a pretty busy week ahead...especially Brent as he has two Assessment tasks this week. I need to keep the house calm and collected all week. I also have a couple of meetings with the schools and of course drum lessons for Jack. Always stuff to do.
Oh and Im getting the plans together for our trip...must get my passport photo today and send it all off. Now mum is home I can get Beverly's phone number so that I can call Peter in the UK. Hopefully Pete can give me a bed while I am there which will give me a bit more cash to spend over there. Saving hard...I just want to be able to do so much while I am there.
Anyway, its the pointy end of the day...time to get the kidlets organised!!

No comments:

Post a Comment