Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Starting to feel in control!

For the first time in a long time, I actually feel as if Im getting things under control. I usually live in a total chaotic state. I constantly chase my tail...always behind in everything I do. I try like crazy to control, like a control freak does, but things always change so fast in this place.
This last week I have been renovating the kids' bathroom. Washing walls, windows, blinds, stripping back the mouldy sealant which was poorly done by our predecessors and made the bath and shower look gross, regrouting some bits, washing the lightfittings and fans. I also installed a dispenser for shampoo and conditioner on the wall. Shampoo and conditioner is a problem in this house as Stef loves putting it in her bath. Over the years I reckon she has wasted a thousand dollars of shampoo at least. Now how to figure out how to keep her from eating the kids' toothpaste...hmmm. Anyway, the bathroom is looking great now!~ just got a little more sealant to replace and a little regrouting and replace the tap washers and its finished. Second room down.....11 to go!! This week, its my bedroom....means finishing my vision board to so I can hang it up and put photos in the frames that Steve bought for my birthday. Its also time to get anything out of my room that just doesn't belong. Hanging out for a restful, peaceful room!
We went to visit Lydia and my beautiful new niece on Saturday night. Just gorgeous..a little doll. I'm sure she will be spoilt rotten.
oh and I'm in the process of giving up smoking again....wearing patches but still allowing myself to smoke until 1st April. Finding that I am enjoying them less and less, and smoking less each day and that I am happy that I am giving up again. I am so much more energetic when I don't smoke, suffer less anxiety and less depression...all pretty good reasons to give up, let alone the health stuff. I'm hoping to be through the worst of it before I go to Spain.
My passport arrived yesterday...now we just need to book my flights. I still can't quite believe its actually happening!!
Anyway, on with the day, have a lot planned...finishing off the kids bathroom, starting on my room and making sure all the washing is done as the weather is going to be beautiful.
Had a spa with Stef this morning as I couldnt bath her...she loves it and so do I. Its just so nice to start the day with relaxation.

No comments:

Post a Comment