Monday, March 7, 2011

A good weekend!

We had a great weekend! We decided that the older kids were responsible enough to leave babysitting the other kids at night. We had left them during the day often enough, but at 17 and almost 15, we decided they really can look after the other two pretty well. Stef is becoming much easier to care for as she doesnt wander at all now and will put herself to bed.
Autism has really isolated us over the years. Its hard to take an autistic child into someone elses home. Stef is really good at getting into stuff...can find toothpaste no matter where you put it and is just a destructive force of one. We have found that we just havent had the time to nurture our friendships either. Its kindof sad really...some friends have just gone by the wayside. The other thing we find is we have very separate friendship groups. I have my friends, Steve has his, and we really dont get to amalgamate them. We went to a housewarming party on Friday night of a guy steve knows from basketball. I think I had met him once...maybe. It was fun. We also went out last night for a while to visit another friend. Its time to put more back into other people....to nurture friendships and build our friendship group. You can't expect people to be around in the bad times if you have never had the good times with them.
Steve cooked an amazing seafood paella on Saturday night..it was so nice! He really is a great cook! We both like cooking. We are going to get together a group of friends to have regular dinner parties. I think its a great idea especially as all of the girls are foodies, love cooking and love to entertain. Its also a way for us all to expand our friendship groups.
Oh asnd the trip to spain and england is coming together.....now to find some carers for the kids. Going to births, deaths and marriages today as I realise we have never had a marriage certificate. Got the one you get from the church of course, but never the proper one...hopefully we are registered lol as there are no changes of name listed on my birth certificate. I was searching prices of fares yesterday and realised that it is the same price to go via London.....so I am going to have a stopover for 3 nights I think. I have a cousin over there that I would love to catch up to...he is 18 months older than me. He is pretty centrally located (has a house on the Thames), and I think I may be able to stay there...what it means is knocking off two of my bucket list items on one hit. I dont know if other people have bucket lists, but its something I have had for a while. I would hate to get to the end with regrets...I think losing some friends to cancer lately has prompted me to not delay doing the things I really want to do and see any longer....you never know whats around your corner. Oh and will definitely get travel insurance I think.
Anyway, a busy week ahead....only working my two days this week. I dont want to make a habit of overtime...if I wanted to work full time, id have a full time job. Everywhere I look in the house is grossness...marks on walls, grotty windows, grout on the floor is gross and not to mention the sealant in the showers. One bit at a time it will improve. Brent has his first SAC to do on Tuesday. An in class essay for English. He said he has prepared for it...fingers crossed. Oh and I have Jacks Parent teacher interviews too I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment