Monday, March 14, 2011

Upper or a Downer

I hope my positiveness comes through my blog. I really am a very positive person most of the time. Yeah life gets tough, but hey, I manage and usually with a smile on my face. I always look towards other people who have even tougher lives and seem to manage to smile...they have my utmost respect and its something that I always hope to emulate.
I hope I am an uploader in peoples lives..someone they can draw strength from, someone who they see as being positive regardless of what I go through.
I realised that I have some terrific wonderful uplifting friends. Ones who when I look at them, or spend time with them I come away feeling happy and positive. I also have some friends who I find I am avoiding a lot.....they are downers...they download on me all the time and honestly make me feel like crap. I hope I'm not like that for anyone. I laugh a lotabout shit that happens, smile a lot at just little things and generally try to enjoy everything I do....even cleaning a toilet! How many other people can look at 5 inches of water up their hallway and run through it dancing and singing "I'm singing in the rain". Some people, when they hear about Stef say "I'm so sorry", I usually say, "I'm not......she is a very special girl and has taught me so much about life and most of all about myself and particularly unconditional love. I couldn't love her any more than I do already...she fills a very special place in my heart" I love all my kids just the same. They are all so special for different reasons. Brent for his resilience, Melinda for her strength and mental toughness, Stef for just being Stef, and Jack for his beautiful sense of humour.
This weekend has been one of catching up to washing....LOL, weeks since I saw the laundry floor last, but now its done!! Woohoo...I'm also doing a lot of little jobs at the moment....stuff that ordinarily gets overlooked. Its so nice to walk in my hallway...no finger prints on walls, no fly dirt on the cielings and the floor has been scrubbed, oh and my front porch has been done too....one room detailed so far. Kitchen this week.
I love flylady.net....It really makes a difference to how I view my housework...I call it homeblessing....its what I do to make our home blessed and full of love.
Anyway...making a conscious effort to be an upper not a downer. Today going to the caravan and camping show. I really want to see what I am really aiming for!!

No comments:

Post a Comment