Thursday, March 10, 2011

Time management

Sometimes I wish I had so much better time management skills....but then sometimes I suprise myself on just what can be done. Yesterday was one of those days, especially after school where I had 4 things that had to be done in under an hour, all at different locations. Picking up Stef, buying new school shoes for Brent, picking up a report from the paed and parent teacher interviews for Jack. With a little careful thought, I managed to do them all!
Life gets so busy in this place at times....crazily busy. I often wish there was two of me so I have a hope in hell of getting it together. At least I don't beat myself up on the stuff that doesnt get done any more. I used to be mercilessly critical of myself when I just couldnt be superwoman 24 hours a day. Now I just accept that I get done what I can, set my priorites and go with that. I am so much kinder to myself now. I am no longer a martyr.
Today I have a mediation meeting with Lara Secondary school about this whole application thing. I will stay carm but also very determined....float like a butterfly sting like a bee..but they better not cross me. I am a woman who will fight to the death for my kids....ruthless and pulling no punches and incompetence is my pet hate.
Anyway....onward...huge day....work, meetings and kid homework.

No comments:

Post a Comment