Friday, March 11, 2011

Gotta love a long weekend every weekend!

I love working two days a week....I have a 5 day weekend every weekend....priceless.
Its been a crazy week...rushing around, school meetings and stuff.
Had the meeting with Lara Secondary yesterday. I think they actually get it now. I was cool, calm and collected and left them with the fact that the priorities they have are to ensure they actually spend the disability funding appropriately and that they have a moral and legal responsibility to the kids who are recipients of funding.
I beleive that the schools should be accountable to the parents and the education department on how they spend the individual funding packages of each special needs child. Brent has a funding package of over $20 000 which goes to the school....that would pay for an aide at least 40%....I can tell you, there is no way that an aide is with him even 10% of the time...maybe 2 hours a week and thats been for the last 3 years, so where is the rest of the money being spent???? Being level 3 funded, his grant shouldnt be pooled (level 1 &2 funds are pooled), but spent individually. We got the application together for the examination computer. The reports I put in it left no dout of getting it. The coordinator said..she gets why now. I said, hey, you make the decision very easy for the board to say yes, leave no doubt...make the decision an absolute no brainer and nothing goes wrong.
I have heaps of housework to do today......sometimes its so damned hard to keep up. I guess having a week where rushng around with meetings, leaves few waking hours spare to get stuff done. Lets just say that the washing machine is going already and will be going all day. Im even going into the rats nest of Brent's room....hmm, may need a snorkle and air tank for that...maybe a hazmat kit. I havent been in there a while, so I reckon there would be 6 or 7 loads of washing in there at least!
I had a fight with Brent and Melinda yesterday. I had already defrosted the meat for tea, and brent decided that he wasnt having that. I said, no mate, we cant waste what I have already defrosted, we cant throw out money like that. It descended into a yelling match, and then MJ decided to step in..it totally annoys me when she butts in all the time. It seems I can't tell Brent off for anything without her trying to step in to the argument. Im really working on her not doing this..to mind her own business. Eventually I made him understand that we live to a budget, and sometimes we dont always get to eat what we want. Hell, Id like to have fillet steak every night, but we cant afford to do that and have other stuff as well. Eventually he got it. Brent is very limited about what he eats...4 main courses, and the occasional sausage (which he eats but doesnt like) If he had his way it would be lasagne or spaghetti or buritos every single night. He will not try anything new, or eat anything which involves chewing. Boring!
Oh and Jetsetter (steve) is off to China on Monday again..haha....frequent flyer points are mounting up this year for sure. Fortunately next week is pretty easy at this stage no extra appointments and nothing else on the agenda. I try to make sure that when he is away life is much simpler.
Ok, next load of washing and time to get MJ up.

1 comment:

  1. LOL i fly out tuesday, get in at midnight, work wednesday and thursday, company functions both nights, fly back friday morning. jetsetting...thats what we will do in UK/Spain.

    ReplyDelete