Monday, March 21, 2011

Getting there!

I always have one week a month where I just don't seem to cope as well as other times. Its amazing how hormones affect the way you cope and feel. I just plain felt overwhelmed and inundated by shit.
My big brother kept ringing at odd times of the day and night...1am, 3am....3 days in a row. Had Steve not been overseas I would have turned off my phone. I was just so sleep deprived by the end of the week. I know he was scared and alone having had an accident on his bike and then ending up in hospital with no feeling in his legs and a massive headache. Turns out it was just a bad concussion. Having no one over there to turn to, he rings here which I am glad he does, but hey, remember the time difference pal!
Hmmm, got a letter from the accountant..I didnt put a return in last year and the tax man is chasing it up. Must get on to it today!
On the good news front, we had confirmation that Stef will get her Ipad from the Adam Scott Foundation. It comes with an internet connection for 12 months and heaps of programs which help with education and speech facilitation. How awesome. Adam Scott is a professional golfer from Australia and on finding friends with autistic children were having such trouble to get the things they needed to help their children, set up a foundation for this purpose. Not many charities just do autism so its great that the need was recognised. I initially did not put in an application but sent Adam a letter saying how grateful I was as a mother that he had set up the foundation. He then forwarded it on to his organisation who put
Stef straight into the application process. The iPad should arrive either this week or next!
Another piece of good news is that Brent got his marks back on the first English SAC and had done very well, 22.5/30. The english teacher was very pleased and considering he handwrote this one, thats pretty good. We are working hard as a team to keep him on track. Emails and phonecalls between all of us. I can only hope that we keep him motivated for the rest of the year.
Anyway, on with cleaning.....the house is starting to look a lot better. Room by room. This week its the kids bathroom and bedrooms. Scrubbing walls, washing windows etc. Gotta love Flylady and Cozi for keeping me on track. I need it, being so ADHD I need all the tools I can get to keep on task.

No comments:

Post a Comment