Sunday, April 11, 2010

Finding a new job!

have a job interview. I really hope I get it!
I realised a while ago now, that I really need to work outside the home in order to maintain a level of sanity and balance in my life. I devoted 12 years to therapy programs and life totally involved with the kids. I ended up feeling that my life totally revolved around autism and all the crap that came along with it. I ended up feeling totally overwhelmed and totally unfulfilled in trying to change a world that really didnt understand where we were coming from. I work for my own sanity, and the extra money coming in doesnt hurt either.
I am an accountant, but the problem is, part time jobs in the pure accounting field are hard to come by. Instead I have had to go into bookkeeping and admin. Thats ok. I can't work full time, not with our kids anyway. The challenge is to find work that satisfies me mentally while giving me the ability to be there for the kids after school. Today, the interview is for a job with a music festival. The job entails the accounting for that as well as the coordination of the festival. I think it will be right up my alley. I love music. It keeps me sane and to be able to help to put on a major music festival with 8 stages will be just great. Event management I think will be just awesome as a job. I love planning.
To be home for my kids though is ultimately important. I have so much to do. Bman needs to be kept on track, MJ too, Stef needs her therapies and Jack needs to be helped to keep up to his peers. I can't do that working full time...Just one of the challenges that Autism brings. The need to juggle my own needs, with those of my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment