Saturday, April 24, 2010

Seasons change and time moves on

Yesterday Helen finished working as Stef's integration aide at school. Im pretty sad about that, but time moves, things change and I truly understand that she needs to do the best thing for her and as a friend, I encourage that. Helen has worked with stef for 6 1/2 years, from the start of primary school. She really has smoothed Stef's way. Helen is such a loving caring and giving person and always saw her work with our girl as a calling rather than just a job. We will always hold a very special place in our hearts for her. Being non-verbal in a mainstream school could have been quite difficult...not for Stef though. With Helen's help, Stef has been integrated with the other kids so well. They just love her. I think Helen was just so instrumental in that. Every child that she came in contact with felt as if they were loved and the whole class and school benefited by having her there. She really showed the kids, love and compassion and acceptance of other people. We will miss her so much. Helen is also a friend to me....probably knowing more about what makes me tick than most other people. We have shared are pasts, our present and our futures. The words to thank her for all she has done just never would seem enough. Fortunately as a friend, she will stay in our lives, but that contact every single week just wont be there and I will miss that.
I can't help but feel so grateful for the very special people that have been sent into our lives to help us on our journey. Some pass through fleetingly, others are there for a while and some are truly there for the long haul. I cant help but think that without autism in our lives, we would never have truly appreciated the special people that come into our lives.

Today is busy, lots of housework, some bookwork to do, a visit to Jenny Craig and Rainbow Club.
I hope I have lost more weight this week. Hanging out to get to my goal weight! My energy levels have increased so much....20 kg extra weight slowing me down really took a lot out of me. 16 kg left to lose!! People are really starting to notice. I am blessed by good genetics...I have underneath all the flab, a good figure. At 60 kg when I met steve, My chest measurement was 36 inches and bum measurement was the same and my waist was 26. I had the same measurements as Marilyn Monroe......thats so funny!!! She was the epitome of sexy in the 60's, very curvy. She was an Australian size 14. Even at 80kg, people are commenting on how good I look (haha, even getting asked out by guys) Im just wondering how much better I will be at 65kg.
I can feel that winter is on the way. This has been such a long Indian Summer.....March April is generally so much colder than this. Here we are still getting around in Summer clothes....Move over Queensland, Melbourne has better weather! I feel great at this time of year....so much energy. In winter I lose a bit of that. I might go to the doctor to get some vitamin D this year. The lack of sunshine really has a lot of impact on mental health. I have always been aware of my mental health. Having been bitten by the black dog (depression) along our travels, I need to be aware when I am on a downward and do the best I can to pull back up. I usually use meditation and doing things that makes me happy to refill my cup. Mmm maybe a good weekend away, or a couple of massages.....just stuff that pampers me helps so much.
Anyway, on to this housework. I so want my house to look neat and tidy like other people seem to manage...life always seems to in the way of that along with the Human Destructor! Always so much to do and never enough time to do it. I have a 5 day weekend, no work until Wednesday, so heres my chance!!

No comments:

Post a Comment