Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My house is in total debris lol

I have so much bookwork to do, but the house is a total shambles. HMMM< looks like I need to have 8 arms again.
Sometimes it all just gets a bit hard to keep up and Stef the human destroyer doesnt help much. Oh well, work hard, play harder on the weekend. At least this one is a long one and we already have care for the kids booked on Saturday night.
I had Jack totally absorbed in my tales of my pa's time served in Gallipoli. He was just 16 when he went as he was a ward of the state. When it was time for the 5th Lighthorse brigade from Adelaide to go over the trenches...he was happily very sick with Cholera on the hospital ship in the bay. That day, 60% of his brigade was killed. Sometimes you know you just have to look at the big picture. Yes he was very sick but he was alive. I take that view too.....its hard to see the forest for the trees sometimes or its hard to drain the lake when you are up to your ass in aligators. Sometimes its good just to take a step back, have a damn good look at the big picture before you step back in to the crap. Its when I do this I realise that although I have more challenges to overcome, I essentially lead a pretty damn happy life. I have a great relationship, opportunities to do whatever takes my fancy as a job, have beautiful and funny kids who really have not got into trouble like their peers seem to, a nice home, great friends and so much love. Really what more is there to life!
Another thing I realise is how much autism has changed me as a person. Where I was once very shy, Im now outgoing because I have had to be to get what I need for my kids. Where once I was quite irresponsible I now am not. Not to mention the amazing strength that you get when things don't go your way. You know, sometimes I really wouldnt have it any way......only when Stef hasnt totally destroyed the furniture lol and the boys arent fighting over the computer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment