Sunday, April 18, 2010

Sundays.....In some ways I really hate them

Why do I hate Sundays......because Sunday is the day before Monday and the craziness of a new week starts. I wish we had 3 day weekends all the time. In fact, thats the sort of job I really want......one where I never work Mondays. Just think, a day after everyone has gone to school to be able to fix the carnage in the house. A day to catch up on the washing so that I dont have to do it all on the times when everyone else is home.
At the moment my sleep patterns are totally up the creek. Im almost a shiftworker lol. I wake up at between 3 and 4 bright eyed and bushy tailed, but by 3pm Im running at half rat power. I guess I had got up at 4am a few weeks in a row to catch up on work stuff, and now my body has got used to that. I really need to make a concerted effort to get back to a standard 5-6 am start.
Stef loved her swimming yesterday. She had so much fun and her teacher is so great with her. Its taken him a while to get used to teaching her but he now has it in his head that he can teach her anything as long as she has fun. She swims only in the deepend of the pool and never touches the edges for the whole 30 or 40 minutes of the lesson. Its great as it wears her out a bit. Saturday night she always sleeps like a bomb. Jack had heaps of fun in his lesson too. His teacher is a young guy, Ben, who loves to have fun with the kids being a big kid himself. He bombs the kids and has them squealing with joy. Jacks swimming has improved out of sight since he started lessons with the club last year. He is easy able to swim laps of freestyle. Just gotta get his breathing technique right and he will make a great swimmer as he is very strong on his stroke. I really must get to the pool more with the kids. I need the exercise (I used to swim about 1.5 kms most days.....now I do none)
Today Melinda is going to an animation convention. She is just so excited that a friends mum is taking them. Melinda is great at drawing...really great. Unfortunately though the art teacher at school squashed her creativity and told her that she wasnt imaginative. Bloody teachers!!! What she should have done is expand on the modern art stuff with her instead and not try to force her into art that she was not interested in. I know, she has to learn techniques, but hell perhaps teach her the techniques in the artform that suits her and she would have done great instead of squashing every bit of creativity out of her. Sometimes teachers just suck. Melinda also has a flair for designing clothes, but again, the sewing teacher quashed that creativity. I really must teach her all I know. (I have a design and pattern making certificate)
Have heaps of housework and gardening to do today, and some accounting work. Always busy, never enough time to do it all, but never a chance to get bored either. I have a great little vegie garden out the back. I could turn into a real greenie with it. The veg out of it taste so much better than the shops. At the moment there are just tomatoes in it, but they taste so good. Today I really have to rip them out and prepare the garden for the winter veg... I want to get some chooks too. I think I might get Stef to help me as she does gardening as a school subject at special school.
I so wanted to go out last night, but alas our usual babysitter was unavailable. I really wanted a really late night of total drunkeness and debauchery lol. I ended up though falling asleep at around 8.30 being a total bore. I hate boring!

1 comment:

  1. I am usually up between 3am and 4 am also... It is my relaxation time - lol... I play sudoku etc... Madness isn't it...

    ReplyDelete