Thursday, April 22, 2010

I chose this and so I have to love this!

I remember sitting in a Psychologists office..reworking old hurts putting it all in perspective. I remember distinctly one day, he said, that the day I picked up the phone instead of doing the ultimate deed I chose to live and not throw it all away. Not many people get that choice. They usually live life, just plodding along living from day to day without really thinking about it.
I CHOSE TO LIVE!
Every morning, I wake up, and choose to live. I choose to live life to the full. To appreciate every moment of happiness, to appreciate all the lessons along the way, to appreciate the material and the immaterial, good stuff and bad.
Life certainly has dealt me a pack of cards...a lot of dud ones, but some oh so good ones. Its a bit like playing poker. 2 2s can still win the hand if you can bluff your way through. No matter what hand is dealt, its not what cards you get, but how you play the game. There will always be someone with a better hand...but regardless, to win the game they have to play the game to the full to win. Some people really don't appreciate the hand they get. They see the three aces, but fear the flush or straight. My aim in life is always to play the hand I get to the full without fear...so what if someone gets a better hand, it doesnt mean I cant still win the game you know. I am never jealous of others hands....it doesnt mean that they will always win the game.
Today I am a little contemplative.....its 10 years today since my girl got her diagnosis. Ten years of tears, of fears, of hopes dashed and dreams unfulfilled. Ten years of hard work, ten years of hope, ten years of acceptance. What will be will be with her. It hasnt been for lack of trying her lack of progress. She has progressed a little and each achievement has been major, but it breaks my heart just the same. I see the beautiful little person inside. The loving, happy, beautiful woman inside just waiting patiently to one day be released from the hell that autism really is. Oh, I hope one day that she gets some communication....either typing or speech it really doesnt matter.....just some way to bring out that beautiful mind that I get glimpses of.

No comments:

Post a Comment