Saturday, May 5, 2012

Ah Saturday

Ah Saturday, a day of trying to catch up around this place.....got sweet buggerall done yesterday. Spent the day looking at funding criteria for education and came up with zero ways to get around the system for Jack. Met with the school psychologist too...she doesnt see a way either. The criteria has been tightened a lot. Where Brent got his funding by belting a few kids and accidentally breaking a window, that is not available to Jack. It seems that if you have autism you cannot have severe behavioural problems. This means going down the self harm route is out to us. Its scary that our little man who can barely write at Prep level will be going off to high school, knowing that he is already at least two years behind his peers in work level and yet he is pushed on through. Its setting him up to be a failure for his whole life. I am sure somehow we will find a place for him, but he needs to get through at least year 10 to get an apprenticeship, and Im not sure that is what he wants to do anyway. In a perfect world he would get help in the classroom. He isnt an idiot, far from it. There is quite a smart mind in there but he hasnt got the tools at this stage to get it on paper or the executive skills to organise himself. Its sad. I will keep on fighting for him, all the way to the top, even if I have to write a gazillion letters andx meet every bloody politician, its wrong not to help kids ..... Well, housework awaits....always shit to do around this place and not being an organised person, it frustrates me to no end. Other good news is that I have not lost my keys once this week!! Last week I cleared off a space in our room specifically for my handbag keys and phone,...Its working. I even have got into the habit of putting my stuff there before i do anything else!!

No comments:

Post a Comment