Friday, May 18, 2012

Amazing how a simple thing like not getting my mp3 player working really pisses me off. Anyone who knows me well, knows music is a link to my sanity. I love it and constantly much to my children's disgust sing in the car. I have it going at work, at home doing housework, at gym, in the car ....everywhere I go. I think one of the hardest things I faced when Stef was little was that she hated music with a passion and used to go into meltdown every time the radio was on. To live in silence for me was like hell. It took ages of ABA therapy for me to get to turn the radio on even and then it wasnt until I started getting her to play it on instruments, getting her to keep a beat and then getting her a keyboard, that her love of music has grown. Now she loves music.....all sorts. She has a radio in her room and she loves hard rock, classical, pop....whatever music she can find. Its now her main way to relax and overcome the stresses. It would be good if she liked headphones....but no. The beauty about having music as her way to calm down is that it is portable, its everywhere and you dont have to remember to bring it with you. Today is a huge day for me...lots of housework and then preparing for Jack's Birthday. Its hard to believe my beautiful baby boy is now almost 12...almost going off to high school. Where has that time gone? Its scary sending him off to high school....Im hoping he copes with the increased expectations. He is around 2 years behind his peers in some subjects, so its going to be a big ask for him to keep up. I guess I will just have to tutor him to get him through.

No comments:

Post a Comment