Friday, May 4, 2012

Just looking around the house.....feeling a bit overwhelmed as I never seem to catch up. We really need to get some help around the house, but right now, I want more money in my pocket to enjoy my holiday to Italy. Hehe, I would much rather have a messy house but have the extra $500 in my pocket over there. Is it wrong for me to think this selfishly....lol, I dont think so..... I have so many great ideas for what to do around the house. We really need to redo the front garden..get rid of all the plants that I am allergic to, but also I would prefer a cottage style garden rather than just green plants...bit by bit it will get done. I also would like to get the window in the lounge replaced with a sliding door, and then converting the side of the house to a outdoor entertaining area. I want to render the garage wall next door, and mosaic it in a forest theme......I know, its the creative brain working overtime. It would just be so nice to both have a lovely view out of the lounge window, but also an area that we can utilize more. It seems like a huge waste of space at the moment. Nobody ever goes down the side and its 3.5 metres by the length of the house. I think I need another part time job so I can save up for this stuff. This morning I had a huge deja vu feeling. One of the kids on the bus was fighting his mum, pulling away, trying to run because he didnt want to go to school. I had huge memories of the times when Brent did exactly the same thing. I went to help her out, picked him up off the ground and together we got him onto the bus. She has to win this battle or every time he feels like not going to school he will chuck a meltdown and get out of it. She really needs the physical brute force to be able to get him there. She is only a slightly built person and quite simply doesnt have the strength to tangle with an 11 year old boy who just will do anything rather than what he is told. I dont mind helping her...I know what its like when everyone just stands and stares when you are struggling with a screaming kicking child. I remember so well the times, but we got through somehow. We had to win the war, and that meant winning battles every single day no matter how we felt ourselves. My heart goes out to all those mums out there who are going through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment